View My Stats

Selamat Datang!

Selamat Datang! Welcome to my blog on Malaysian kuih and food!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Money Bags

I first had this food in a Thai restaurant back in Kuala Lumpur.  It is normally served as an entree, which means it comes in a small plate of 4 pieces.  Which also means, you can just have one per person.  Sigh!  So good but too small a portion for my appetite.  It was so delicious and crunchy I just had to cook it at home - so that I can get enough of it to eat.

It is actually deep fried wontons.  I normally do not like wontons, something about the slimy feel as it goes down the throat kinda puts me off eating too much.   But this !  This is deep fried and crunchy.  Yummy!




Money Bags


Ingredients

200 g mince (chicken or pork)
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp Chinese wine
Wonton wrappers


Method

1.     Mix mince with salt, pepper and Chinese wine.



2.     Put half a teaspoon on a wonton wrapper.  Wrap up tightly.  Do the same
        till finish.




3.     Heat up oil for deep frying.  Fry money bags in batches until cook.  Drain
        on paper towels.




4.     Serve with sweet chilli sauce. 

P.S.  If you like, you can add in oyster sauce or soy sauce. 
         To make it crunchier, you can also add chopped up carrots or
         water chestnuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment