View My Stats

Selamat Datang!

Selamat Datang! Welcome to my blog on Malaysian kuih and food!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Green Tea Chiffon Cake

It's been a while since I updated my blog.  With all the Chinese New Year food and cookies that was consumed by my family and me, I thought I would give our stomachs a rest. Otherwise, we would all look as chubby and satisfied as my cat.


I am happy to note that fellow foodies are still visiting my blog, despite lack of new postings.  I know I was supposed to post the Pandan Chiffon Cake recipe, as stated in my previous post.  I will have to delay that in lieu of this new Green Tea Chiffon Cake recipe that I recently found.  Let me know what you think of this chiffon cake.




GREEN TEA CHIFFON CAKE

Ingredients: (20cm tube pan)
(A)  4 egg yolks
      40g castor sugar
      pinch of salt
      1 tbsp honey

(B) 4 tbsp corn oil
     80ml warm water + 3 tsp green
     tea powder
     3 tsp vanilla essence


(C) 100g cake flour
     3/4 tsp baking powder

(D) 4 egg whites
     1/2 tsp cream of tartar
     50g castor sugar
Method:

1. Cream ingredients (A) till sugar dissolved.

2. Add in ingredients (B) in the respective order and mix well before adding
    the next item.

3. Sieve in ingredients (C) and mix till there are no lumps.

4. Beat egg whites with electric beater till frothy, sprinkle in the cream of
    tartar.  Beat till white in colour and add in sugar by thirds.

5. Pour egg white mixture into yolk mixture and mix well.

6. Put batter into a chiffon cake pan and bake at 170C - 180C for 40-45
   minutes 

7. When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and  invert cooked cake on a
    wire rack to cool for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove cake from cake pan and
    leave aside to cool completely.



P.S.   If you like it sweeter, you can add more sugar.  Comment from the  
         taste testers at home was more sugar needed.  They must be    
         missing my chocolate glazing from the Orange Chiffon cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment