View My Stats

Selamat Datang!

Selamat Datang! Welcome to my blog on Malaysian kuih and food!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baby Angkoo Kueh

Previously, I have posted Angkoo Kueh and Sweet Potato Angkoo in this blog.  I just had to do this Baby Angkoo Kueh post because it is so cute.  My sisters brought over this cute little mould from KL when they visited me recently and I just had to try it out.  What do you think ?


As comparison, I took a photo of the different sizes.  The one on the left is the big angkoo, the middle angkoo kueh is without the turtle's head and legs and the right angkoo is the baby angkoo.


I use the recipe as per my post for Angkoo Kueh.  However, this time I was more adventurous and put 2 different fillings inside the angkoos.  One was red bean paste which was store bought. 



The other was coconut filling.  Recipe is as follows.

Coconut Filling

90g Gula Melaka (Malaysian palm sugar)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pandan leaf, knotted
50 ml water
1/2 grated coconut (about 10 oz)
1 tsp corn starch

Method

1.      Break up the palm sugar and combine with the sugar, pandan leaf and water in a pot. Cover over a medium flame until sugar dissolves. Add in the grated coconut and corn starch and continue to cook for a few minutes. Dish out into a bowl.




So, isnt the baby angkoo cute ?

No comments:

Post a Comment