View My Stats

Selamat Datang!

Selamat Datang! Welcome to my blog on Malaysian kuih and food!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Cupcakes

I recently saw a recipe for cupcakes which triggered my interest in baking them.  I have made heaps of muffins before and have a very good non-stick muffin pan which I use.  However, I have never made cupcakes before. 

I was interested to find out the difference between cupcakes and muffins.  Both of them looked similar in shape.  I always thought that the Americans called it muffins and the British called it cupcakes.  The wonders of the internet and Google!!.  One of the major difference is that cupcakes have toppings while muffins generally do not.  Also, cupcakes uses butter while muffins use vegetable oil.



For this cupcake, I use a small muffin tray.  Aren't they adorable ?


Cupcakes


Ingredients

2 cups self raising flour, sifted
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup milk
125 g butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence


Method


1.   Preheat oven to 180 degree C.  Line muffin tray with cupcake liners.

2.   Cream butter and sugar.  Add in eggs.  Add in vanilla essence and milk.
      Beat for 2-3 minutes.

3.   Fold in flour.

4.   Fill muffin tray to ¾ full.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.


5.   Stand in pan for 5 minutes.  Take out and cool on wire rack.



This basic cupcake recipe  is very easy and perfect for your own topping.  For the icing, you can try this.

Icing

1 ½ cup icing sugar
1 ½  tablespoon water
Colouring


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment