View My Stats

Selamat Datang!

Selamat Datang! Welcome to my blog on Malaysian kuih and food!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Orange Cupcakes

I so love cupcakes these days.  They are so easy to make and pretty easy to
eat too.  Most cupcakes have topping or frosting on it.  Mine does not, partly because it's better for me cos it's less fattening and partly because I have not mastered the art of doing the topping.

My latest cupcake adventure is orange cupcakes.  I so love the smell of orange zest.   I even made an orange chiffon cake last month.  Check out my earlier post.





Ingredients

113 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 tsp orange juice
Zest of 1 orange
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk

Method

1.   Preheat oven to 180 degree  C.  Line a 12 muffin cup tray with
      cupcake liners.

2.   Blend sugar and orange zest in mixer till fragrant.  Add in butter and beat
      till light and fluffy.

3.   Add in eggs, one at a time.  Beat in vanilla essence and orange juice.

4.   Mix flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl.

5.   Add flour mixture and milk, alternately,  into butter mixture.

6.   Spoon mixture into muffin cups.  Bake for 20 minutes.

7.   Remove from oven when cooked.  Cool on wire rack.  Once cooled, top
      with icing.


Enjoy!!

Latest photos of my orange cupcakes.  That would be the 2nd or maybe 3rd batches.


No comments:

Post a Comment